Pages

NewReleaseTuesday.com - A Christian Music Community

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dove Songs

The finale of my Dove Posts. I had originally planned for this to be rolled out over the course of one week. "The best laid plans of mice and men" and all that.


Song of the year is where the committee doesn't worry about editing. Two of the categories had TEN nominees. I am taking the safe way out here and doing those categories with Ten Nominees in them. A long post with little effort.

Not surprisingly, the two unedited categories were Rock/Contemporary and Song Of The Year. The Doves refer to these as Recorded Song of The Year instead of Song of The Year as the Grammy's do, but they are essentially the same.

Rock/Contemporary Recorded Song of The Year
  • Dark Horses, Vice Verses, Switchfoot
  • Faceless, Until We Have Faces, Red
  • Invisible, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, Disciple
  • One Day Too Late, Awake, Skillet
  • Your Love is a Mystery, Crazy Love, Hawk Nelson
  • Born Again, Born Again (Miracles Edition), Newsboys
  • Crazy Love, Crazy Love, Hawk Nelson
  • Drifting, TBA, Plumb w/ Dan Hasseltine
  • Lucy, Awake, Skillet
  • Slumber, The Reckoning, Needtobreathe
If the GMA Voters were going to vote on a powerful song, there is none more powerful than Lucy. Personally, I hope that one wins. Here is the official music video for it. Warning: Kleenex is a must.

Song of The Year
  • Alive, Natalie Grant
  • Blessings, Laura Story
  • Celebrate Me Home, Perry's
  • Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me), Casting Crowns
  • Hold Me, Jamie Grace
  • I Smile, Kirk Franklin
  • I've Been Here Before, Ernie Haase
  • Please Forgive Me, Gaither Vocal Band
  • Who Am I, Jason Crabb
  • Your Great Name, Natalie Grant
This one is a bit tougher, because I detest Southern Gospel, and 40% of the list is SG. Actually I guess that makes my picks easier, but that also increases my probability that I will be wrong. Alive is a good pick form me, not because Natalie Grant is such a great singer, though she is great. It's just that Music Inspired by The Message was a very powerful album, and garnered 5 Emeralds. I think the GMA's will go with Haase.

That concludes my Dove Awards nomination coverage. I will return with Music Video Monday. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and as always, I am Awaiting Your Reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment